Thursday, January 15, 2015

Changes

So much has happened over the past week that it is hard to recall every little thing. For starters, the oldies have officially returned home and I took as many opportunities as I could to say goodbye. I spent the day in Aalborg last Tuesday wandering between different coffee shops and McDonalds (now Maccas because I have picked up some Australian slang). I had the intention of saying goodbye then, but I ended up going back to Aalborg on Friday, spending the night in Aars with Grace and Caitlin, then saying goodbye just before the oldies walked through security at the airport. By the time I left, my face was bright red and streaked with tears. The ride home I was left wondering where all the time has gone. Not only have a reached my five month mark but sometime in the next ten days I hit the halfway point (I still need to book my return ticket so I am not sure which day exactly). It is crazy to think that in two days, I will officially be an oldie.

Sunday, I switched host families! I would like to give a huge thank you to the Byrith family for hosting me for the past five months. I have a lot of memories of you guys and I am very grateful for everything you have done for me. My new host family lives in Løgstrup, which is about fifteen kilometers outside of Viborg. The house is beautiful! It was built in the 1950's and has a huge yard, next to a fjord. My new host family consists of my host dad Micheal, host mom Maria, nine month old host brother Magnus, and my host sister Emilie who lives with her mom in Holstebro. Being the youngest in my family, I have never been around small children but I can tell you that all of my preconceptions about babies smelling or crying far too often have been proven wrong. I love Magnus and it is nice to have someone to play with everyday.

Something I haven't touched on in a while is my Danish; it is still coming along. My new host family is working with me to improve it, even if it is more tedious for them. I went to a Rotary meeting and I understood everything that was said (besides the two or three minutes I was day dreaming about American food). I am not sure whether that was because the presenter had a powerpoint so I could read along with him speaking, or if I already knew some of the information as it was about Space X and the journey to Mars, or if it was because I could understand. Regardless, it was the most interesting Rotary meeting I have been to so far.

A few months ago, my class had a project called AT where we made a video about Domestic Violence. The video has since been entered into a competition where my class can win a fair share of money. I would greatly appreciate it if you could click "like" or "synes godt om" at the bottom of the linked page. Also feel free to watch the video, although I have to warn you that my acting skills are not up to par.
http://www.familievold.dk/forslag/af-mathias-mille-martin-m-og-rikke-fra-2-y-paa-viborg-katedralskole/?portfolioID=3473

Tusind tak og vi ses!

Look us up on iTunes.


Vi ses - never goodbye.


Kiss and Goodbye outside of the airport.


I have acquired a ridiculous amount of stuff.


Magnus!

No comments:

Post a Comment