Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Death by Chocolate

*no one was hurt in the making of this blogpost*

Eight girls, a lot of chocolate, and a murder.

Add those together and you get my Saturday night. My host family hosted a Murder Mystery party, or a real life game of clue, or cluedo depending on what country you're from. The murder took place at a spa in the middle of a bachelorette party, and by the end of the night three more were dead. My character was Melissa, the friend upset because she wasn't chosen to be the Maid of Honor and who was also sleeping with the groom. Naturally, I was blamed for the first murder, but I didn't commit that one. I ended up with three of the weapon cards and teamed up with Georgia, who had the last. Together, we went on a killing spree before we were stopped by the ending of the game. While it does sound pretty morbid, it was hilariously fun. Essentially, we spent a few hours sitting around in our pajamas, eating chocolate, pretending to be someone else. After the game ended, we had dinner, though I don't think any of us were actually hungry from all the chocolate we ate, and hygged the rest of the night. In the morning, we walked down to the Limfjord and took turns kayaking.

Other than this hyggelig weekend with other exchangers, since getting back from two weeks of travelling, I haven't really done anything too special. I read the DaVinci Code in two days, got free ice cream from Frokken Frost for their grand reopening, and got out of school to watch the eclipse (which we couldn't see because it was behind the clouds). As I expected, I did get a little homesick; two exciting weeks followed by a normal one makes it easy to feel down. As Passenger would say "only know you've been high when you're feeling low." However, as I have gone through my exchange, my techniques for dealing with homesick has improved greatly so it didn't last too long.

Today marks one hundred days left in Denmark and I honestly wish I didn't know that. It makes you overthink every second and place a value on every single moment. It makes it really hard to take afternoon naps when you could/should be living life to the 'fullest.' For the record, I think afternoon naps are necessity and I'm not going to give them up. Anyways, the realization of how little time I have left, sent me into a panic. I keep telling people here that there are things that I miss from home, BUT they can wait. I am trying to stay positive about this but it isn't a long time. The truly only good thing coming out of this is that there are only fifty days until EuroTour.

Vi ses!
Dance circle hygge.


The Geese Squad.


Kayaking in the limfjord.


I'll think of a caption later.

No comments:

Post a Comment